Refugee Studies Forum Index Refugee Studies
Discussion Forum for Current and Former Students of Forced Migration and Refugee Studies

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UEL Links:Refugee Studies Programme   Refugee Council Archive
Start Here:Welcome & Instructions
What's the Employment & Study Opportunities forum about?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Refugee Studies Forum Index -> Employment & Study Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: What's the Employment & Study Opportunities forum about? Reply with quote

well,
i'm going to keep on posting up as many job vacancies here as i can for as long as possible, that should keep the content of the site fresh and interesting enough for people to keep on checking in...

The types of opportunities that i'll be posting, which i propose can be the remit of the employment section of the forum, are those that would be interesting to the intended core audience of the site - namely students on the UEL refugee studies course. So opportunities for work or study will be broadly around work with refugees and migrants, both in UK & abroad.

This remit is, of course, up for discussion, as are all aspects of the site, if you'd like to propose other types of content then please feel free to make suggestions, better still, please post it up in the feedback section of the forum, and we'll discuss!

I subscribe to a few email lists which sometimes distribute news of jobs, e.g. refugeepolicy.info, jiscmail forced migration list, refed & others. I'll only be posting stuff from those lists if it stands out as interesting as i assume people can subscribe themselves, details are here: http://refugeestudies.org/viewtopic.php?t=9

As i have access to the jobs distributed internally by Refugee Council that don't make it into the national press, i'll be posting them as i receive them.

enjoy! Very Happy

Last edited by admin on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Natalia Paszkiewicz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I find the jobs section very useful as I am searching for the first job in the field. The only problem is that vast majority of vacancies is quite senior (e.g. Research Manager at Refugee Council- I'd like to know whether there's any chance of them recruiting a Research Assistant...?).
I have been volunteering for London Detainee Support Group for 2 years now, but it seems that it is still not enough experience...
Best regards,
Natalia
ed_m

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Natalia,

thanks very much for your feedback, I'm so happy you're finding the site is useful!

Since your message a few jobs have come up at RC that are less senior, mostly outside London, this may reflect the tight squeeze on funding that the HO is putting on front line refugee orgs at the moment, or just that August is always a quiet month for recruitment.

Keep checking in and i'll keep on posting up whatever jobs i can find ... Good luck with the Search!!
e
ed_m

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few organisations whose vacancies have been distributed on the site over the past few months
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Refugee Studies Forum Index -> Employment & Study Opportunities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: