Refugee Studies Forum Index Refugee Studies
Discussion Forum for Current and Former Students of Forced Migration and Refugee Studies

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UEL Links:Refugee Studies Programme   Refugee Council Archive
Start Here:Welcome & Instructions
An asylum seeker from Sierra Lione needs help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Refugee Studies Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: An asylum seeker from Sierra Lione needs help Reply with quote

Dear Mike, thanks a lot for improving my IT skills!!). Well, I have decided to post this info on this site hoping that Anita and others will read it here. Anyway, I have already given to that guy a piece of advice so hope it will be helpful. By the way , I have found out that he is an Asylum Seeker from Sierra Lione.

Hi all,
I have just recieved a message from one asylum seeker from Sierra Lione. I met him in American University in Cairo in January 2006. He has just been accepted to the Uni of East London for the undergraduate course of International Development. His problem is that he can not get his UK visa without paying half of tuition fees (4000). He needs assistance in getting information on charities or some sponsorship organisations. Below, I attach his letter to me. Please, if any of you who can assist him with any useful information contact him on: yayahkoroma@yahoo.com

Dear Mr Leonid and Robin,
I was one of the participant in the short course ( Refugee camp and waer housing) at the Amerian University in Cairo.During the course , i explained to you about my application to the University of East London.
Two day ago, i received a letter of acceptance from the above University but i have to pay half of the tuition fee before they can send me travelling visa.
As asylum seeker, i cannot efford to pay this huge amount of money. In this regard . i am appealing to you to forward my acceptance letter to any Charity or sponsorship Organization in the U . K for immediate help as time is very limit
You can contact the University for any further information.
I thank you very much for yuor kindly assistance. I hope to hear from in due course.
Below is the copy of the acceptance letter.
Thanks
Yayah koroma
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Refugee Studies Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: